Customer Arranged Transportation Policy
In order to promote efficiencies in shipping and for our customers' carriers, EP Minerals has established this policy for customers that choose to arrange for their own transportation:
- EP will no longer contact a customer-designated carrier to set up a pick up appointment. It is solely the responsibility of the customer and /or their carrier to contact the designated plant to establish a pickup appointment. (Effective 8/4/14.)
- The customer is responsible for supplying equipment that will ensure product integrity during transit. In addition, customer- arranged freight carriers must have equipment to stabilize the rear of their container. Any damage to the product during transit will not be EP Minerals' responsibility. If needed, EP Minerals will provide the customer with the photos showing how the load looked before it left our site.
- Use of “reefer" equipment is not advised because of load weight restrictions and an inability to secure the back of the load. Customers who choose to send in “reefer" equipment for a pickup must accept the potential of reduced weight for the total load. Also, the carrier must supply some form of adequate load securement to properly secure the load, and accept all responsibility for any damage that may occur in transit.
- The Customer or Customer's carrier MUST call the appropriate plant number below, a MINIMUM of 48 hours in advance of the pickup date to schedule an appointment. The pickup date is provided on the order confirmation. Failure to call at least 48 hours in advance for a pickup appointment may result in the order not shipping on the confirmed pickup date, or material being reassigned to another order/customer; however, it is not a guarantee space will still be available. Calling further ahead of time will ensure the original date given will be available.
- Driver/Carrier must reference a valid pickup number when calling for an appointment. The pickup number is located in the upper right corner of the order confirmation and will begin with the letter “C".
- If the pickup is at MULTIPLE sites, the customer must notify their Driver/Carrier and coordinate with the driver which EP Minerals' site to pick up from first.
- Failure to call 48 hours in advance and/or arriving 30 or more minutes late for your pickup appointment will result in your order being scheduled at the next available Date/Time slot.
- Orders not picked up seven (7) days after the confirmed date will be returned to available inventory and may be used to fulfill other customer orders. Your order will be rescheduled to the next available date (based on production/shipping schedule lead-times.) You will be notified of the new pickup date and charged a $250.00 re-stocking fee.
- Orders CANCELLED within 5 days of confirmed date on your order, or requests to HOLD your product for a period longer than seven (7) days from the confirmed date, are subject to a RE-STOCKING/HOLD fee of no less than $250.00 per order.
- Customer date change requests within five (5) days of the date on the order are subject to a fee of no less than $100.00 per occurrence.
Primary Pickup Hours (Note: Your appointment may vary from these hours.)
|Plant||Location||Shipping Hours||Phone # to call for Pickup scheduling|
220 Highway 125 South
Middleton, Tennessee 38052
7:30 AM to 8:00 PM
(must confirm before 3:00 PM)
Bulk truck 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Monday - Friday
I-80 East, Exit 65 4 Mile Frontage Rd.
Fernley, Nevada 89408
7:00 AM to 2:30 PM for Flatbeds
7:00 AM to 3:00 PM for Vans
Monday - Friday
150 Coal Canyon Rd.
Lovelock, Nevada 89419
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
7 days a week
640 Clark Station Rd.
Sparks, Nevada 89434
7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
2630 Graham Blvd.
Vale, Oregon 97918
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
If you would like more information regarding this policy, or have additional questions, please contact your sales representative or you can contact Customer Service directly at: 800-228-3865.
We anticipate these policies will improve not only customer/carrier efficiencies in scheduling/loading, but will also provide a quicker turn-around of loading your customers' trucks. Please make sure your carriers have been made aware of these policies. Thank you.
To download the Customer Arranged Transportation Policy, click here.